2. Why do you process data?
When you use our website, we process personal data relating to you. This is done for the following purposes, among others:
- If you register for our newsletter, we collect your e-mail address to be able to send the newsletter. We obtain your permission for this.
- When filling in our contact form, we collect your contact details in order to be able to respond to your question. We obtain your permission for this.
- When filling out the form to download content, we collect your contact information so that we can deliver the content. We obtain your permission for this.
- If you apply for one of our vacancies, we collect your contact details and CV. We obtain your permission for this.
- If you agree to this, your data will also be stored with a view to our recruitment reserve.
- To provide you with the information about products and services that you request in a personalized and efficient way, whether via the website, e-mail, telephone or social media.
- To process your personal data so that we can provide the services we offer.
- For marketing, i.e. to provide you with relevant content, targeted communications and any offers.
- To perform statistical analyzes to improve our website and/or services or to develop new products or services.
- To hand over to the police or judicial authorities as evidence of possible crimes or if there are reasonable grounds for suspecting a wrongful act or crime committed by you using our website or services.
If and when your registration on our website or use of our website or services can be considered as a
- violation of the terms or the intellectual property rights or any other right of a third party
- a threat to the security or integrity of our services
- a threat to our or our subcontractors' website or services or systems due to viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, malware, or any other form of malicious code
- illegal or unlawful, discriminatory or abusive in any way
Who do you share data with?
We do not transmit your personal data to third parties in an identifiable manner if this is not required to provide services, without your express consent.
We may use external processors to offer you the website and/or services. We ensure that third-party processors are only allowed to process your personal data on our behalf and after clear instructions from us. We guarantee that all external processors are selected with the necessary care so that you can count on the security and integrity of your personal data.
We may transfer anonymized and/or aggregated data to other organizations who may use this data to improve products and services and to organize the marketing, presentation and sale of products and services on a tailor-made basis.
4. Where do you process data?
We and our third party processors will only process your identifiable personal data in the EU. We may transfer your anonymized and/or aggregated data to organizations outside the EU.
If such a transfer takes place, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure the security and integrity of your personal data, and that all rights relating to personal data are in place.
A transfer takes place outside the EU via the following organisation.
- Google – USA (standard contractual clauses)
- Meta – USA (standard contractual clauses)
- LinkedIn – USA (standard contractual clauses)
- Hubspot – USA (standard contractual clauses and EU data center)
5. How do you process data?
We will delete your personal data if you request this, unless a legal or regulatory obligation or a judicial or administrative order prevents us from doing so.
We will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to keep your personal data safe against unauthorized access or theft and against accidental loss, manipulation or destruction. Access by our personnel or personnel of our third-party processors is only possible on a need-to-know basis and is subject to strict confidentiality. You understand, however, that the concern for safety and security are only best efforts obligations, which can never be guaranteed.
6. How long do you keep my data?
The retention periods vary depending on the nature of the service provided. We keep your data:
- for services: as long as they are necessary to comply with our legal, contractual and legal obligations and to fulfill our commercial operational activities.
- for marketing: two years, unless you have given active permission to use your data via an “opt-in”
- for recruitment: three years, unless you have given active permission to use your data via an “opt-in”
7. What are my rights?
You have the right to request access to all personal data that we process about you. However, requests for access that are manifestly made with a view to causing nuisance or damage to us will not be considered.
You have the right to request that any personal data about you that is incorrect or inaccurate be corrected free of charge. If such a request is made, you must also enclose with this request proof that the personal data for which correction is requested is incorrect.
You have the right to withdraw your previously given permission for the processing of your personal data. You can withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email to email@example.com.
You have the right to object to the processing of personal data if you can demonstrate that there are serious and legitimate reasons related to special circumstances and that justify such an objection. However, if the intended processing is for marketing purposes, you have the right to object to such processing free of charge and without justification.
Where your personal data is processed on the basis of consent or on the basis of a contract and the processing is by automated means, you have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically possible, you have the right to transfer this data directly to another service provider. The technical feasibility of this is exclusively assessed by us.
If you would like to submit a request to exercise one or more of the rights mentioned above, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This request must clearly state which right you wish to exercise and why. It must also be dated and signed and accompanied by a digitally scanned copy of your valid identity card proving your identity. We will promptly notify you of receipt of such request. If the request proves to be justified, we will grant it as soon as reasonably possible and no later than thirty (30) days after receipt of the request.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data by us, you can always contact our data protection officer via the email address email@example.com.
If you remain dissatisfied with our answer, you are free to file a complaint with the competent data protection authority, the Belgian Data Protection Authority. For more information, visit https://www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be.
8. Contact details of our Data Protection Officer
Name: Lobke Van Wezembeeck
Address: Sint-Katelijnestraat 145, 2800 Mechelen
Phone: +32 15 29 42 45